Ways to Prevent Global Warming / Is there still time to make a difference?
Benefits of Recycling.com is presenting this series of pages on global warming becaue we believe there is evidence to support it is real. Even so, we are open to be proven wrong, which is why there are pages on why it is not real. Fair is fair.
The truth is we just want people to be aware that human activities (as well as natural causes) have the possibility of creating adverse effects in the US, Antarctica, Greenland, and throughout the world.
Whether you believe global warming is real or not, we invite you to read what we have uncovered on the many pages of this site… and beyond. Remember, knowledge is power.
Ways to Prevent Global Warming / Facing the Issue
Despite the fact that global warming is increasing at an alarming rate and it might be too late to restore the damage it has caused, it is believed that developing an aggressive plan of action can help reduce its negative impact.
Global warming has become one of the most serious issues in current affairs, and politicians and environmentalists alike have been trying to analyze the various risks and effects associated with it.
Ways to Prevent Global Warming / Kyoto Protocol
Attempts to prevent anthropogenic global warming, especially measures that require socioeconomic sacrifice, have been extremely controversial. The 1992 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNCCC), also called the Kyoto Protocol, acknowledges that human activities can alter global climate, and requires signatory nations to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
As of November 2002, 181 nations had signed, ratified, or acceded to the conditions of the Kyoto protocol. However, the United States, by far the world’s largest per-capita producer of greenhouse gases, did not sign the treaty on the grounds that the science of global warming remains inconclusive, and that the economic consequences of action would be too great.
However, when it comes to tackling the problem of this magnitude, every small individual effort counts. Below you will find practical steps that reduce the impact we have on our natural world around us. As we use these ideas in our lives, we not only attribute to the health of Mother Nature, but we are also making our lives better in the process.
Ways to Prevent Global Warming / Things You Can Do to Help
- Drive less. Take bikes, walk or carpool whenever possible. Transportation sector is second largest contributor of carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere.
- Consider investing in a hybrid or electric vehicle to help prevent against further global warming.
- Replace all the light bulbs in and around your home with energy-efficient fluorescents that use fewer watts for the same amount of light.
- Clean or replace your filters monthly.
- Choose energy-efficient appliances when it’s time to buy new ones.
- Decrease your air travel.
- Wash clothes in cold water and line-dry whenever possible.
- Use a low-flow showerhead, which will lessen the hot water used, but not drop your water pressure in the shower.
- Cut down on your garbage—buy fewer packaged materials to prevent further global warming. Composting is another efficient option that can significantly reduce landfill spaces.
- Unplug electronics when they are not in use, because they still take up energy. At the very least, turn items off when they’re not being used.
- Run the dishwasher and clothes washer only when you have a full load, and if available, use the energy-saving setting.
- Buy recycled paper products and recycle as much of your waste as possible.
- Bring your own reusable canvas grocery bags when grocery shopping.
- Plant a tree. Trees can be an effective solution in countering this serious problem.
- Have an energy audit done on your home so you can find the trouble areas and fix them.
- Use non-toxic cleaning products that are environment friendly.
- Shop locally for food. A farmer’s market is an excellent place to visit. And choose fresh food over frozen foods. Fresh takes less energy to produce.
- Keep your car tuned up, and check tire pressure often to save gas.
- Eat less meat and more organic foods in your diet to do your part in preventing global warming. This is one of the most effective ways to reduce our personal carbon footprint and to generally reduce our personal negative impact on the environment.
Ways to Prevent Global Warming / Kyoto Protocol
Every individual has the ability to help ensure the health of our environment. Contrary to popular belief, it is not the sole fault of large corporations that our environment is in crisis. It is us, the individual consumer. Without our need and demand, these companies would not be producing ecologically harmful products.
We, as the most intelligent species, should act as protectors and guardians to all those weaker than we are, and should reconnect with the earth and give a voice for all the inhabitants that cannot speak for themselves.
Ways to Prevent Global Warming / Sources
Thank you for visiting the ways to prevent global warming page. For more information on Global Warming follow these links: